The African Speculative Fiction Society was launched today – I am so very excited about this. The ASFS is a pro and semi-pro organization of African writers, editors, publishers and artists of Speculative Fiction. The society will nominate and vote for the winners of the new Nommo Awards for African Speculative Fiction.
The new Nommo Awards has four categories and the amazing four years’ worth of prize money in hand, thanks to benefactor Tom Ilube. The first award-giving ceremony will be held at Ake Festival in Nigeria in November 2017.
It is discussion in the steady growing African Fantasy Reading Group on Facebook that has given birth to the ASFS.
Chief Spokesperson is Chinelo Onwualu of Omenana Magazine.
- Kenya Spokesperson is Moses Kilolo
- Malawi Spokesperson is Shadreck Chikotii
- Nigeria Spokesperson is Chiagozi Fred Nwonwu or Mazi Nwonwu
- South Africa Spokesperson is Nerine Dorman
- Uganda Spokesperson is Dilman Dila
- Zimbabwe Spokesperson is Masimba Musodza
- UK Spokesperson is Tade Thompson
Read more in the Press Release and check out ASFS’s website www.africansfs.com. Here you’ll find information about the new Awards, and a list of the 60 Charter members (including yours truly) and information for African writers who wish to join.
Copyrights for logo and pictures belong with ASFS.