I have had the huge honour to be shortlisted (finalist) to several awards as both editor and author, four times to British Fantasy Awards (2016-2018), and I was also awarded the Starburst Magazine’s Brave New Words Award 2018 for my editor work on Pacific Monsters.
Stories in anthologies I have edited have also been shortlisted to several awards, including Caine Prize for African Writing (2017), Aurealis Awards (2018) and Sir Julius Vogel Awards (2018).
Here I list shortlistings to awards, and awards, both for me as editor or writer, and for stories in books I have edited.
- British Fantasy Awards 2018: Best Anthology (Pacific Monsters)
- Australian Shadows Award 2017: Rue Karney for her story «The Hand Walker» in Pacific Monsters: Short Fiction
- Aurealis Awards 2017: Michael Grey for his story «Grind» in Pacific Monsters: Best Horror Novella
- Sir Julius Vogel Awards 2019: AJ Fitwater for her story «From the Womb of the Land, Our Bones Entwined» in Pacific Monsters: Best Short Story
- Starburst Magazine’s Brave New Words Award: for my editor work on Pacific Monsters
- British Fantasy Awards 2017: Best Anthology (Asian Monsters)
- Caine Prize for African Writing 2017: Chikodili Emelumadu for her short story “Bush Baby” in African Monsters
- Sheffield Fantasy and Science Fiction Social – SFSF Awards 2017: Best anthology (one of two) (Pacific Monsters)
- British Fantasy Awards 2016: Best Collection (The Stars Seem So Far Away) – author
- British Fantasy Awards 2016: Best Anthology (African Monsters)
- Sheffield Fantasy and Science Fiction Social – SFSF Awards 2016: Best anthology (one of three) (African Monsters)