We know them from ancient legends and tales whispered by the campfire. They don’t sparkle or have any interest in us except to tear us apart. Forgotten, unknown, misunderstood, overused, watered down. We want to give them a renaissance, to reestablish their dark reputation, to give them a comeback, let the world know of their real terror.
The Fox Spirit Books of Monsters is a coffee table book series from Fox Spirit Books with dark fiction and art about monsters from around the world, seven volumes between 2014 and 2020, starting with Europe in 2014, continuing with Africa in 2015, Asia in 2016 and Pacific area (Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands (including Hawaii) in 2017. Volume five and six will cover South, Mid and North America (including the Caribbean islands) before the series end with Eurasia (including Russia, Eastern Europe and the Balkan) in the end of 2020.
Pacific Monsters will be filled with speculative fiction about monsters based on Pacific folklore, legends and history, written by authors from the Pacific area. Margrét Helgadóttir is once more the editor
Book is out November 2017.
Table of contents
- Tina Makereti: ‘Monster’
- AJ Fitzwater: ‘From the Womb of the Land, Our Bones Entwined’
- Rue Karney: ‘The Hand Walker’
- Michael Grey: ‘Grind’
- Octavia Cade and Dave Johnson (art) : ‘Dinornis’
- Raymond Gates: ‘The Legend of Georgie’
- Jeremy Szal: ‘The Weight of Silence’
- Simon Dewar: ‘Above the Peppermint Trail’
- Iona Winter: ‘Ink’
- Bryan Kamaoli Kuwada: ‘All My Relations’
- Tihema Baker: ‘Children of the Mist’
- Kirstie Olley: ‘Mudgerwokee’
- Michael Lujan Bevacqua and Dave Johnson (art) : ‘I Sindålu’
- AC Buchanan: ‘Into the Sickly Light’